Thank you for your interest to join our esteemed Board of Advisors.
In essence, the role of our Board is to help TEDxMarin grow and achieve our mission:
- Help Identify and unearth amazing speakers to approach. Our Executive speaker team follows up
- Assist us in attracting interesting start-ups to showcase.
- Help us in creating a compelling theme and topics for the annual show and our TEDxSalons.
- Inviting your beloved colleagues to join our member INVITEE list (free).
- * Securing (or committing) in your initial year- a base level of sponsorship and/or underwriting support to help sustain our event series.
If accepted to our Board, you are listed as an advisor on the website, get special badging and complimentary admission to all our LIVE events AND invites to private Board get-togethers. There are no set meetings to attend per se. We primarily work via private emails/zoom calls (now) for direct feedback and voting on possible themes etc.
We seek open-minded, fun, connected, socially active individuals from a broad set of industries and talents. We desire folks comfortable with helping to curate a great attendee list to our events. A sense of Humor is highly appreciated. We seek new Board Members that complement existing Board strengths. And we seek diversity.
* NOTE: All new Board members are asked to commit to secure (or become a sponsor directly) at least $3,500 of underwriting support in their initial calendar year. After the first year, you help as you can.
Our Board of Advisors do not “book” the speakers, but rather advise /make introductions to THE SPEAKER TEAM (Executive Board) about potential great ones.
If you have questions call the office at 415-785-8873 and/or send an email to Bob Ayres at Producer @ TedxMarin dot ORG.
It’s a wonderful mix of people on our board.