EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER WISH TO KNOW about being a speaker for TEDxMarin in 2021 is right here.
Including the Nomination form.
If you have specific questions (not answered below) you can always call the office at 415-785-8873, or send a direct email to the Executive Producer (Bob Ayres) – Producer @ TEDxMarin DOT Org.
TEDxMarin speaking events in 2021 will again be virtual.
Nominations are NOW OPEN. There is no deadline per see, but when we love something we book it and when we are full we are full. Fair warning.
PLEASE READ this entire page BEFORE submitting or calling. Thank You.
We plan to do a TEDxSALON on SLEEP and DREAMING in the 1st quarter of the year (speakers are booked) and then our Annual broader event in Mid-Sept which we are accepting nominations for.
For our September 2021 main event
Our THEME is
ONLY COMPLETE and well-developed submissions will be considered.
Here is a sample of the topics and kinds of subjects we know we are interested in for 2021. Partial list. Your talk does NOT have to be on this list
- How Education has and will need to change
- Behavior Change Thru Tech. Desirable behavior change using Artificial Intelligence is on the rise.
- Dreaming: The surprising global increase in dreaming during the pandemic.
- How to Downsize and Live Abroad – Practical advice for how to do it and where to go.
- The Future of Cities. Radical changes are predicted.
- The Race to Zero- An inside look at how behemoth corporations are working to become carbon neutral.
- Jaw-dropping Technologies. A look at three wow technologies coming in the next 5 years.
- The State of Marin High opioid addiction, sex trafficking, suicide levels, and breast cancers plague our county. What’s going on here?
- New Work Models – Workplace Innovation – what we are learning from the Pandemic.
- The Future of Money – Beyond the hype, what’s behind the increased adoption of Cryptocurrencies.
- Civilians in Space – When, where, and how.
- Have we witnessed Peak Democracy? New ideas to preserve Democracy
- Robots. Very life-like smart Robots are coming online for a variety of purposes.
- New Proteins- A look inside the world of synthesized foods to feed the world.
- Privacy-enhancing technologies that promise to protect our data.
- Decoding Dogs – What’s going on inside the canine brain.
- Creativity and Design- Tools and technologies to unlock creativity and design in whole new ways.
- Expanding our Health Spans– The research and technologies which will extend our healthy years.
- New Life Hacks- Fresh ways we can increase our health, our success, our parenting skills, or contentment.
- Culture Change– How has the culture changed Post-Covid.
BEFORE SUBMITTING READ the GUIDELINES BELOW
The actual Nomination form is at the very bottom of this page.
NOTE: As stated above for the foreseeable future, we anticipate being a virtual show. This would mean speakers (if added to a show) are filming themselves (with pre-approved scripts and lots of help from us) and we do final editing, insertion of slides, broadcast, and TED platform uploading.
It is fine to self-nominate.
We always seek speakers offering new research, ideas, stories, or fresh perspectives on how best to accelerate real change in the world, meaningful work, wellness, joy, freedom, or purpose while we all invest in a vibrant and compassionate world. Wow and truly fresh thinking, stories, and ideas are what we seek.
We feature A-list speakers bringing thought-provoking ideas on broad sets of topics focusing on how we’ll live, cope, work, stay healthy, and thrive in the world to come.
We value diversity. Speakers while connecting genuinely with our audience must be able to convey a big idea or truly new information with passion and authority. We’re looking for speakers doing amazing work. You should have something truly important or unique to share, or perhaps can challenge our audience to think about something important in a very new way. Speakers should be able to communicate in a 12 min speaking slot.
TEDxMarin is not the venue for first time/beginning speakers. We seek presenters who can argue for ideas that inspire. BIG ideas! Human stories – talks that will teach, entertain, make people think, make us laugh, cry, or inspire action. We are proud to bring high-caliber talks to the TEDxMarin community.
REMEMBER– You are sharing ideas, not issues.
If your talk is, in essence, a “motivational talk” then please explain in your submission, EXACTLY, how you are breaking new ground. There is a very high bar to clear for TED when we consider a motivational talk.
If you have any questions, call us at 415-785-8873.
ALL proposals must include RECENT Video examples of you giving a public talk.
What we tend to like.
Generally speaking, Talks that can touch people’s hearts and/or are aimed at making this world a better healthier place, are far more interesting to our audience.
Any talk that profoundly challenges us to think differently on big issues, or offers unique solutions to life’s or the world’s vexing problems? or shares breakthrough science… we will be more interested to review.
Only complete submissions can be considered. So please, take your time assembling your proposal info fully for the form below. Because we get many nominations, we are not able to answer all submissions. You can call our office at 415-785-8873 if you have questions.
Speakers should tell a story or argue for an idea. They may not use the TED stage to sell products, promote themselves, books, webinars, consulting practices, or businesses. Every talk’s content must be original and give credit where appropriate. Speakers cannot plagiarize or impersonate other persons, living or dead.